Coordinate, execute, maintain, repair and install all types of plumbing equipment, domestic water systems, sewer systems, and related devices. Perform preventative maintenance (PM) programs, inspections and repairs; respond to emergency plumbing calls and maintain and repair all natural gas services including valves.
- Proven experience as a plumber
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems as well as appliances
- Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly with a great deal of patience
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces
- Diploma from a trade school or successful completion of apprenticeship
- Valid license to practice profession
Duties May Include:
- Coordinate, troubleshoot, repair, inspect and maintain plumbing equipment including, but not
- limited to, faucets, lavatories, toilets, flush valves, sinks, water heaters, drinking fountains,
- domestic water heaters and boilers, garbage disposals, backflow devices, valves and water
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs in district facilities including, but
- not limited to, domestic water systems and related devices and sanitary waste drainage.
- Repair or replace water lines, domestic recirculation lines, and sewer lines.
- Respond to emergency plumbing calls such as clogged drains, broken water lines, frozen
- pipes, gas odors and possible gas leaks. Evaluate situation and take proper corrective action.
- Install new plumbing fixtures including, but not limited to, sinks, commodes, urinals, faucets,
- drinking fountains, garbage disposals, domestic water heaters and related devices.
- Provide labor and material estimates related to plumbing for small remodel projects.
- Coordinate inspections for contractor performed work in renovations and new construction
- Maintain and repair all natural gas services including valves.
- Recommend repair needs to potentially eliminate ongoing and future repairs.
- May assist other trades with piping and repair issues.
- Winterize facilities (i.e. stadiums)